- Game of Chance (Survey) Terms and Conditions
Game of Chance (Survey) Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Sportsbet Pty Ltd ABN 87 088 326 612, a company incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), trading as ‘Sportsbet.com.au’, phone 1800 990 907 (“Promoter”).
2. This competition (“Competition”) starts at 9:00am (AEST) on Tuesday, 12 April 2022 and ends on 8:00pm (AEST) on Friday, 14 April 2023 (“Competition Period”).
3. Information on how to enter and the prizes forms part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
4. This Competition is open to all entrants who:
a) are 18 years of age or over;
b) are QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, WA, SA or NT residents;
c) have a Sportsbet account;
d) comply with these Terms; and
e) are not management, employees or agents of the Promoter or its related entities (or immediate family members of such people) or of retailers or agencies associated with this Competition, (“Eligible Entrants”).
5. To enter, an Eligible Entrant who, during the Promotional Period, is contacted by the Promoter must complete a survey undertaken by the Promoter. For each survey that an Eligible Entrant completes, they will receive 1 entry into the Promotion (each, an “Entry”).
6. There is no maximum number of entries, provided that an Eligible Entrant is only eligible to receive one Entry for each contact that is made to them by the Promoter.
7. Entries for each survey will be deemed to be accepted at the time that the Eligible Entrant completes the relevant survey.
8. The Promoter, its agents, affiliates or representatives will not be liable for any lost, late or misdirected Entries.
9. The Promoter reserved the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to deem any irregular, incomprehensible and incomplete Entries or any Entries that do not comply with these Terms, as invalid (“Invalid Entries”).
10. Invalid Entries cannot win a Prize.
11. Selection of the winners (“Prize Draw”) will be randomly drawn using Microsoft Excel’s RAND formula on the dates specified in the contact that is made to them by the Promoter. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s office at Level 16, 367 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000.
12. At each Prize Draw the Promoter will review the drawn Entry to confirm that it is not an Invalid Entry ("Valid Entry"). If any drawn Entry is an Invalid Entry, a further entrant will be drawn and reviewed in the same manner. The Prize Draw ends once all Valid Entries are identified.
13. The Eligible Entrant whose name is the first Valid Entry identified in the Prize Draw wins the prize (“Prize Winner”).
14. Eligible Entrants do not need to be present at the Prize Draw to win the Prize.
15. The Prize Winners will be contacted directly by Sportsbet’s Customer Service Team, and details posted on the Sportsbet blog http://www.sportsbet.com.au/blog/ on the dates specified in the contact from the Promoter to the Eligible Entrant.
16. Prize details will be specified in the contact received by the Eligible Entrant from the Promoter, and could include Bonus Bets to a specified value, or other prize amount (“Prize”).
17. It is the responsibility of the Prize Winner to check their account for the Bonus Bets applied to their account, where Bonus Bets are issued as the prize.
18. Prizes are not transferable, substitutable or exchangeable nor redeemable for cash (including any unused portion). The prize must be used in accordance with Sportsbet’s rules located at https://helpcentre.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115006805548 and must used within 7 days from the date of grant.
19. This Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants who act at all times in good faith, sincerely, and without fraud. Any entrant or Entry that the Promoter suspects, in its discretion, to be in breach of these Terms or attempting to gain an unfair advantage over other competitors (e.g. by the use of technology) will not be eligible.
20. This Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants whose Sportsbet account is not at any time during the Competition Period closed or suspended.
a) The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or change the Competition at any time throughout the Competition Period without notice.
b) The decisions of the Promoter are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
c) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms or who tampers with the entry process.
d) Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
e) By entering the Competition all entrants consent to the use by the Promoter of their username for publicity and commercial purposes in connection with the Competition and/or the Promoter’s products and services, in any media and for an infinite period, without further compensation. This includes but is not limited to use on TV, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, radio, print, display advertising, website and social media channels, and the Promoter’s blog and website.
f) The prizes (or any part thereof) are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
g) Entry to the Competition is free, but entrants are responsible for any costs imposed by their internet service or other technology providers.
h) The Promoter may prohibit any person’s participation in this Competition, cancel or suspend the Prize (or part thereof) if the Promoter considers that the entrant has behaved in a way which may diminish its name or reputation, is in bad faith, is designed to gain an unfair advantage, is fraudulent, is otherwise contrary to law or these Terms, or is otherwise inappropriate.
i) Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
j) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
l) To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter (and the prize suppliers) will not be liable for any loss or damage an entrant or winner suffers as a result of participating in this Competition (including the Prize), unless caused by the Promoter’s negligence or wilful misconduct.
22. Promotion is authorised under the following permits:
NSW Permit No. TP/00953
ACT Permit No. ACT TP 22/00633