Sportsbet is proud to support Australia’s love of footy tipping competitions. You'll need to log into your Sportsbet account and head to the Tipping & Games Page to view Prize Money Available!
How do I register?
- Great news, the tipping is free to join and play! Follow the below steps to register.
- Become a member of Sportsbet.com.au (if you're not already). It's simple as going to our Join Now page and registering your name, address, contact details, and date of birth - It only takes a couple of minutes.
- Give yourself a nickname, select your favourite team, set your notification preferences and you're ready to enter a competition!
- Navigate to the Tipping & Games section on the Sportsbet Home Page and select the NRL competition. Happy tipping!
Trying to register but your nickname is taken?
- Each member has a unique nickname. If the system says your nickname is taken, please use a different nickname. E.g. If you enter 'Jonno' and it's taken, try entering a variation like JonnoLovesDonuts.
What should I do if I can't load the page or it's not working correctly?
- If you're having issues accessing the tipping page, we'd recommend deleting & re-installing your Sportsbet App or else clearing your cookies and cache on your web browser.
Can I create multiple tipping accounts for myself?
- No, unfortunately not. Sportsbet strictly allows one account per member. Please note, any member identified with more than one account may be disqualified from the competition. Members can participate in multiple Private Competitions but can only submit one set of each tips each rounds. Which covers all competitions of which you are a member.
Do I need to join Sportsbet and re-register each year?
- No, you do not need to rejoin Sportsbet each year, simply login to your Sportsbet account with your username and password you will be able to re-activate your tipping account for the year with your original nickname.
Which competitions am I a part of?
- Everyone who registers for any of Sportsbet’s tipping competitions will be automatically part of the public competition and eligible for prizes.
- The public competitions will display under the Comps Menu. E.g. Public – AFL or Public – NRL. You will be part of the weekly and overall ladders.
Can I change my Tips?
- You sure can! You can change your tips or alter your winning margin any time before the start of any given match.
- Remember to press the submit/update button any time you change your tips or winning margin.
How do private competitions work?
- Members can create Private Competitions for their workplace, family, friends or even their local club. You can invite as many friends as you like to join your private competition and you will have your own private ladder which can be viewed separately from the main ladder. You will have both a weekly and overall ladder to help you manage your competitions.
- To join a private competition simply navigate to the tipping page and click on My Comps. From there you will be prompted to enter a code to join the private competition. Alternatively, you are able to create a private competition by clicking on Create Comp below.
How can I delete a competition, or remove a person from a private competition?
- Each Private Competition has an Administrator. The Administrator can remove people from the competition and also give administration rights to other members.
- On your Comps page click the 'cog' icon to edit/delete a competition or alternatively navigate through to the competition and click the 'pencil' icon to make changes.
Do I need to place a bet with Sportsbet to play?
- No, the tipping competition is a free game run by Sportsbet, members do not need to place bets to be able to register for the tipping competition.
What prizes are available and is everyone eligible for prizes?
- You'll need to log into your account to view the prizes available for Tipping!
- As long as members have complied with Sportsbet Membership Obligations and complied with the Tipping Terms & Conditions then all registered footy tippers are eligible for prizes.
- In summary, the main points to be aware of include - you can only have one account and you will need to verify your ID before claiming any prizes. Verification is a Government requirement and of course, you will need to win a prize to receive a prize so don't forget to submit your tips!
How are prizes paid for winners?
- Cash and or Bonus Bet prizes are paid into Member's Sportsbet accounts.
Can I change my notification preferences?
- Yes, you can! Log in and visit the profile page. You will see ticks next to the notifications you are receiving. If you wish to opt into a notification simply check the box.
- If you wish to unsubscribe then uncheck the box. Don't forget to ensure you save your preferences once done. Below are the notifications available for tipping.
- Tips Reminder: This email is sent each Friday (earlier if the match is prior to a Friday) to remind you to submit your tips.
- Tips Results: This email confirms how many tips you successfully selected for the previous round.
How is the Margin calculated?
- To make it even more competitive the way margin is calculated has been changed.
- "Margin Difference" means the number of points between the margin entered by the Registered Participant for the team they tip to win for a Margin Match and the actual margin for the match. If the Registered Participant has correctly tipped the winning team for the Margin Match, the Margin Difference will equal the difference between the actual margin and the margin entered by the Registered Participant.
- If the Registered Participant has incorrectly tipped the winning team for the Margin Match, the Margin Difference will equal the total of the actual winning margin plus the margin entered by the Registered Participant.
- For example: If Team A defeats Team B by 10 points, and you have selected Team A to win by 20 points, your Margin Difference for that Round is 10; and if you have selected Team B to win by 20 points, your Margin Difference for that Round is 30.