PayID is a fast and secure way for you to deposit funds into your account. In order to generate your unique PayID, you are required to follow the below steps:
- While on the Sportsbet home page, navigate to your balance, click on your balance then below click on Deposit.
- Displayed will be a number of deposit methods and you will need to click Add New.
- Click the PayID, if you have not used PayID before you will be required to generate your unique PayID for your Sportsbet account, which will remain the same going forward.
- You will then need to click on Copy, to copy your unique Sportsbet PayID email.
- Once received and copied your PayID you will need to log into your online banking and select the pay anyone via PayID / Email (this will vary between institutions).
- Paste the Sportsbet PayID into the relevant field, followed by the amount you would like to deposit and confirm.
- Funds are transferred instantly, however, first-time deposits may need to be verified by your bank and take a little more time (up to 24 hours).
Important! There can be some circumstances where you’ve made a transfer to your Sportsbet account via PayID, but the funds don’t arrive in your Sportsbet account immediately.
- Some banks put a temporary hold (for up to 24 hours) on payments to PayID's over a certain amount. If the funds aren’t in your Sportsbet account instantly & haven’t been returned to your bank account, then your payment has likely been impacted. Please contact your bank who should be able to assist.
- The PayID you're transferring funds to may not be the PayID associated with your Sportsbet account. Please confirm if your PayID is correct by logging into your Sportsbet account & comparing it with your unique PayID. If you have made a payment to an incorrect PayID, unfortunately, Sportsbet will not be able to retrieve these funds and you will need to contact your bank.
- The deposit you may be attempting through PayID might bring you over your deposit limit and as such the funds will be sent back to your bank account.
- The deposit you may be attempting is to a Sportsbet account that is closed, suspended, or on a break – as such, the deposited funds will bounce back to your bank account.
If you’ve attempted to resolve all of these options and are still experiencing issues, please jump onto live chat and our customer service team will be happy to help assist you.