- Protecting your account and setting secure passwords
Protecting your account and setting secure passwords
At Sportsbet, security is our top priority. Make sure you keep your account regularly changing setting secure passwords.
How do I set a secure password?
Most people use passwords that are based on personal information and are easy to remember. However, that also makes it easier for a hacker to guess or "crack" them. Here's some common guidelines that you should follow when setting your password:
- Don't use passwords that are based on personal information which can be easily guessed or accessed
- Don't use words that can be found in any dictionary of any language
- Use a combination of both lowercase and capital letters
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and underscores
- Use different passwords on different systems
- Regularly update and change your passwords
Below is a guide to best practice in choosing passwords:
Poor: Less than 6 characters, consisting of just letters or numbers.
Average: 6 characters made up of letters and 1 number.
Good: More than 7 characters made up of letters & numbers.
Excellent: More than 8 characters consisting of upper and lower case letters & numbers.