- What happens in a Racing Protest?
What is a Racing Protest?
A Protest occurs when a Trainer or Jockey challenges the outcome of the race, most commonly due to interference.
What happens in the event of a Racing Protest?
If your winnings have been paid when a protest occurs, there may be a small period where we need to re-result your bet.
What is a Protest Payout?
If your runner comes first but then is decided a loser due to the protest, you may be eligible for a Protest Payout.
Protest Payout Terms & Conditions
If your runner comes first but is relegated as a result of an upheld protest, we’ll still pay you out as a winner for all Australian races subject to the following conditions:
- Single Bets only, Multi Bets are not eligible.
- Win Only and Win portion of Each Way Bets.
- Applies only to the first in time Win bet or Win portion of an Each Way Bet placed on the relevant race by an eligible customer
- Does not apply to Extras Markets Bets (e.g. Insure 1)
- Only applies to races where the horse that is first past the post is relegated. Where a horse finishes in 2nd or 3rd and falls out of a placing as a result of the protest, there will not be a Protest Payout.
- Bonus Bets, Multibets, Megabets, Exotics, Telephone bets and Live Betting are excluded from the offer.
- Does not include Bets at international tracks
- Does not include Bets on Greyhounds
- Maximum payout is $3000 per customer per, per race.
- Protest Payouts do not apply to Live Racing Bets, and bets will be settled on official placings.