- Tennis Terms and Conditions
These rules were last updated on the 4 February 2021 and the updates take effect from that date.
These rules (the ‘Tennis Terms and Conditions’) are incorporated into and form part of the Sportsbet Rules, Terms & Conditions: https://helpcentre.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115004802547-Sportsbet-Rules-Terms-Conditions.
1. All tennis bets will be settled in accordance with Sportsbet’s official third party scoring and data providers as a primary source; both of which, where possible, utilise a direct feed from the umpire’s chair for accuracy. Where this information is not available, all tennis bets will be settled in accordance with the official website for each tournament or tournaments governing body (e.g. www.wtatennis.com, www.atpworldtour.com, www.daviscup.com www.fedcup.com www.itftennis.comFor Grand Slam events, this refers to the official website of the relevant tournament) or alternatively such other source reasonably determined by Sportsbet. If discrepancy arises between Sportsbet’s official third party scoring providers and official tournament websites, for settlement purposes, all bets will be settled in accordance with Sportbset’s third party scoring providers.
2. In the event of a match starting but not being completed then all markets will be void except in the case of (Tennis Rule 3 and 4) below
3. In the event of a retirement or disqualification prior to the completion of the first set, all bets on completed service games & points will stand. All other markets including match betting will be void. In the event of a retirement or disqualification after the completion of the first set, for match betting purposes, the player or pairing progressing to the next round (or winning the tournament in the case of a final) will be deemed the winner. All match betting bets on the retired/disqualified player or pairing will be void. All bets on completed service games & points will stand. All bets on other markets which have reached an unconditional conclusion whereby if the match was completed in its entirety, the outcome of the relevant bet would have been guaranteed, will remain settled accordingly.
Example: If a customer places a bet on Player A to win the match 2-0 in the set betting market, Player A loses the 1st set & a retirement occurs during the 2nd set, this bet will be deemed a loser as it is not possible for Player A to win the match 2-0. All bets on Player A to win 2-1, Player B to win 2-0 or 2-1 will be void.
4. In the event of a tennis match not taking place or if a player is given a walkover, bets on this match are deemed void.
5. In the event of a change in the number of sets to be played, match bets, first set market bets will stand, all other markets will be void.
6. In the event of a change of venue, surface or from outside to indoor court and vice versa, all bets will stand.
7. Total Games/Handicap games related markets - For the purposes of such markets a tie-break is counted as one game. In the event of forfeited points or games, these will count for final settlement.
In the event of retirement, all total games/handicap games related bets will be void unless the match has reached an unconditional conclusion whereby if the match was completed in its entirety, the outcome of the relevant bet would have been guaranteed.
Example 1: If a customer places a bet on Over 18.5 Total Match games and a retirement occurs with the score line 7-6 5-0, this bet will be deemed a Winner as should the match have reached its natural conclusion, it was guaranteed to reach at least 19 total match games. Conversely, all bets on Under 18.5 Total Match games will be deemed a Loser. Bets whereby the outcome is not guaranteed (eg. Over 19.5 Total Match Games) will be void.
Example 2: If a customer places a bet on Player A +6.5 games in the match handicap market and a retirement occurs with the score line 6-2 6-7 (12 games to 9), this bet will be deemed a Winner as should the match have reached its natural conclusion, Player A was guaranteed to lose no more than 3 games (total game deficit) to player B. Conversely, all bets on Player B -6.5 games will be deemed a Loser. Bets whereby the outcome is not guaranteed (eg. Player A +2.5 games) will be void.
8. In some competitions, matches that reach one set all are decided by a Champions tie-break. If a match is decided by a Champions tie-break then the Champions tie-break will be considered to be the 3rd set. Set Betting will be settled as 2-1 to the winner of the Champions tie-break. Any bets taken in error for the Correct Score or Number of Games in the 3rd set will be void. For the purpose of bets taken relating to Total Games or game handicaps for the match, the Champions Tie-Break will be considered to be one game.
9. In the event of a tournament format (e.g. round robin), where a player winning a match does not necessarily mean that they progress to the next round, the player declared the official winner of the match by the relevant tournament governing body will be settled as a winner should a retirement occur after the completion of the first set.
10. Unless stated otherwise by us, where a handicap is attributed to an entire market (e.g. the market is entitled “Game Handicap 3.5") and there is no handicap attributed to any individual selection within that market, the relevant handicap will be applied to the first named selection.
Example 1: If a market is titled “Game Handicap 3.5” – Player A (first player listed in match) is attributed the handicap value of 3.5 games. Conversely, Player B (second player listed in match) is attributed the opposite of this value which in this case would be -3.5 games (Absolute difference between Player B games won & Player A games won must be greater than or equal to 4 games for this selection to be deemed a Winner).
Example 1: If a market is titled “Set Handicap -1.5” – Player A (first player listed in match) is attributed the handicap value of -1.5 sets (Absolute difference between Player A sets won & Player B sets won must be greater than or equal to 2 sets for this selection to be deemed a Winner eg. Player a wins 2-0 in a 3 set match or Player A wins 3-0 or 3-1 in a 5 set match). Conversely, Player B (second player listed in match) is attributed the opposite of this value which in this case would be +1.5 sets.
11. Due to possible delays or inaccuracies, the Sportsbet Live Scoreboard may not be reflective of actual live scores and therefore should not be solely relied upon in determining whether to place a bet or not.
In the event of a player withdrawing or a match being incomplete, deductions may apply to the Quick Multi bet type for tennis. Deductions will be calculated on the price of the voided leg(s) at the jump time of that event