- US Basketball Terms and Conditions
These rules were last updated on the 10 December 2020 and the updates take effect from that date.
These rules (the ‘US Basketball Terms and Conditions’) are incorporated into and form part of the Sportsbet Rules, Terms & Conditions: https://helpcentre.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115004802547-Sportsbet-Rules-Terms-Conditions.
Basketball - US
1. For settlement purposes the team listed second in the event name is considered the Home Team, even if the game takes place at a neutral venue. Example, “Team A v Team B” or “Team A @ Team B”, Team B is the Home Team.
2. Payouts: Payouts will be based on the official final score, overtime (an extension of normal time) included, unless otherwise specified.
3. Abandoned/Cancelled Matches: In the event that a match is abandoned or cancelled with more than 5 minutes to play, all bets will be void unless specific markets results have already been predetermined.
4. Postponed Matches: In the event a match is postponed, all bets will be void unless the match is rescheduled to take place within 24 hours of the original scheduled starting time.
6. The Push Rule applies for all markets where a draw/tie price is not offered. The stake on a single bet is returned and the selection is treated as a non-runner in any multiple bets.
7. Outright Markets: All outright markets include playoffs and any official governing organisation tie-breaks where applicable.
8. Quarter Markets: Resulted on the score for the relevant quarter, overtime does not count
9. Second Half Markets: Resulted on score for second half inclusive of overtime
10. Margin Markets: Resulted on final score inclusive of overtime
11. Double Result (Halftime/Fulltime): Resulted on score at half time and full time, inclusive of overtime
12. Race Markets: Resulted on the team to achieve the specified total first. A “neither” selection is offered.
13. Highest Scoring Half: The second half will be inclusive of overtime for settlement purposes.
14. Tri-Bet Markets: Resulted on final score inclusive of overtime.
15. Player Performance Markets: All bets stand once a player takes the court, irrespective of game time played and final totals will be inclusive of overtime. Should a player not take any part, all bets will be void. For series related props the same rules apply.
16. Series Markets: A series must come to a natural conclusion for bets to stand.
17. Regular Season Wins: A team must complete 70 games for bets to stand. All NBA Regular Season Wins bets will be voided if the relevant team does not complete at least 70 games, or unless the outcome has been unequivocally determined prior to the interruption or shortening of the season.
18. Team Match Bets: Resulted on team with the most season wins or advancing furthest. The push rule applies in the event of a tie.
19. First Basket: Resulted on the first score of the game, inclusive of free throws, as per official NBA box score. Should a player listed not start the game, all bets on the player selected will be void otherwise betting is all-in. In the event of a tie at the end of the first quarter, First Basket / First Quarter Double bets are resulted as a loss.
20. First Team Basket Scorer: Resulted on the first scorer from each team; Should a player listed not start the game, all bets on the player selected will be void otherwise betting is all-in.
21. Void legs in Multi bets or Same Game Multi bets
Multi bet: If one or more of your legs are voided in your Multi bet, that leg will be voided and odds re-calculated on the remaining legs.
Same Game Multi bet: If one or more of your legs are voided in your Same Game Multi, your bet will be cancelled and the stake refunded.
22. Injuries/Ejections in Multi bets or Same Game Multi bets
Multi bet: If the player was selected to play and was injured or ejected during the game, bet/leg stands.
Same Game Multi bet: If the player was selected to play and was injured or ejected during the game, bet/leg stands.