Important information: Please note that the Credit Facility - Terms and Conditions governing the use of any Sportsbet.com.au account have been amended by Sportsbet on 17th April 2014 to, among other things, provide greater clarity around the rules which bind the use of any Credit Facility offered by Sportsbet and detail Sportsbet’s and Members’ respective rights and obligations (where applicable). The terms which are set out below take effect from 1st October 2012.
Excludes VIC, NSW, WA & SA Residents
Sportsbet Credit Terms and Conditions 16.4.14
Who we are
1. ‘Sportsbet.com.au’ is the trading name of Sportsbet Pty Ltd (hereafter ‘Sportsbet’), ACN 088 326 612, a company incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Sportsbet is licensed in the Northern Territory (‘NT’), Australia by the NT Racing Commission (‘NTRC’) to accept bets and wagers (together ‘bets’) by electronic transmission, 24 hours per day. All references to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ in these Credit Facility -Terms & Conditions (‘Credit Terms’) are references to Sportsbet.
2. These Credit Terms shall be read in conjunction with Sportsbet’s General Rules (‘Rules’) located at www.sportsbet.com.au (‘Website’) or by clicking on this link which apply to all Sportsbet Members. All definitions referred to in Sportsbet’s Rules (including terms referred to in capital letters) have the same meaning in these Credit Terms unless otherwise stated. In the event of any inconsistency between the Rules and these Credit Terms, the Credit Terms will prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
2A. Sportsbet’s Credit Policy, located at the Website or by clicking on this link, forms part of these Credit Terms.
3. Sportsbet reserves the right to change, amend or add to these Credit Terms at our discretion, and will publish such changes on our Website. You agree that any changes, amendments or additions published on our Website will be taken to be effective immediately. It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that they are aware of the current Credit Terms governing their Account.
4. Unless otherwise stated in the Rules or in these Credit Terms, all correspondence between Sportsbet and a Member will be made via electronic mail (‘email’) to a Member’s nominated address and/or, at Sportsbet’s discretion, via SMS notification or telephone call to a Member’s nominated number or through such other mode, including ordinary mail, as Sportsbet believes the Member may be contacted.
Application by a Member for a Credit Facility on their Sportsbet Account
5. A Member may make an application to Sportsbet for a credit facility on their Sportsbet Account (‘Credit Application’), that is, an application to bet using a line of credit provided by Sportsbet with a set limit (‘Credit Facility’).
6. A Member warrants and represents to Sportsbet that the information supplied by the Member in connection with their Credit Application is true and correct and that they are not aware of any circumstances relating to them that will change in the foreseeable future which may alter Sportsbet’s opinion as to whether to approve the Member’s Credit Application or which may otherwise materially impact upon the Member’s ability to meet their payment obligations with respect to any Credit Facility that Sportsbet may agree to provide the Member. If any of the information contained in the Member’s Credit Application changes at any time prior to Sportsbet formally notifying the Member of the outcome of their Credit Application, the Member must promptly notify Sportsbet of any such change.
7. A Member will, upon request by Sportsbet confirm the accuracy of any information supplied by the Member in connection with the Credit Application.
8. Any failure by a Member to provide an accurate or complete Credit Application may result in Sportsbet declining the Credit Application.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, Members are responsible for monitoring the balance of their Account (including Credit Facility), and for complying with the Rules and these Credit Terms.
10. The statement period (‘Statement Period’) for transactions (including bets and deposits) relating to the Member’s Credit Facility will be a period of seven (7) days ending at 11.59pm on a Sunday. The first statement will issue at 11.59 pm on the next Sunday following the approval of a Member’s Credit Application (‘Statement Date’), and subsequent statements will issue at the same time every seven (7) days thereafter unless otherwise agreed by Sportsbet.
11. Members are required to settle any negative difference between any bets made by the Member on the Credit Facility of their Account (including unsettled (or unresulted) bets) and the sum of any deposits made by the Member (‘Account Balance’) within a period of seven (7) days ending on Sunday at 11:59pm immediately following the Statement Date with respect to bets made by the Member and accepted by Sportsbet during the preceding seven (7) days during the Statement Period, unless otherwise agreed in writing with Sportsbet (‘Settlement Period’).
12. Members must settle their Account Balance using any of the deposit methods outlined in the banking section of the Website which is accessible by clicking this link.
13. Where a Member has not settled their Account Balance for prior Settlement Periods then those prior Settlement Periods must also be settled by the Member.
14. Members who join Sportsbet and do not make a deposit before applying for a Credit Facility will waive their right to receive any initial deposit bonus from Sportsbet, as offered from time to time. Other Bonus Bet bonus offers may be available to Member’s with a Credit Facility.
15. Members who have an approved Credit Facility and who wish to participate in a Sportsbet special promotion such as Sportsbet’s Double Deposit Day promotion or other similar promotions requiring a deposit to earn a Bonus Bet reward accept that their Account must have a positive balance prior to the publication of the promotion, otherwise they will be ineligible to receive the Bonus Bet bonus.
16. A Member must immediately notify Sportsbet of any matter (including any potential mental impairment) which may lead us to reasonably infer that your ability to make sound judgments about betting or the utilisation of credit in respect of your Account may be impaired.
Sportsbet’s rights and related matters
18. Sportsbet may, at its discretion:
a) consider a Credit Application in conjunction with any assistance it may seek from a third party credit reporting body; and
b) approve or deny the Credit Application (including approve the Credit Application subject to conditions that Sportsbet considers appropriate) including but not limited to, agreeing to offer the Member a Credit Facility for an amount less than that requested in the Credit Application.
18A. The Member agrees that Sportsbet may exchange credit eligibility information with other credit providers for the purposes of:
a) assessing an application by the Member for credit;
b) notifying other credit providers of a default by the Member;
c) exchanging information with other credit providers as to the status of the Member’s credit arrangements where the Member is in default with other credit providers;
d) assessing the Member’s credit worthiness; and
e) providing a reference to another credit provider or to receive a reference from another credit provider in relation to assessing an application by the Member for credit.
19. Sportsbet will notify the Member via email or post of the outcome of the Credit Application. Sportsbet is not obliged to disclose its reasons for declining a Credit Application or otherwise agreeing to offer a Credit Facility subject to conditions.
20. Sportsbet may, at its discretion, reduce any existing Credit Facility to a Member.
21. Sportsbet may terminate the Credit Facility at any time and may require payment from the Member of any outstanding Account Balance immediately thereafter.
22. Sportsbet will pay winnings to Members upon a withdrawal request or as arranged, via their preference of the available withdrawal options located on the My Accounts page of the Website when the Member is logged in to their Account. In order to withdraw from their Account, Members must comply with the Rules, including the Rules relating to withdrawals.
23. If a Member has not settled their Account Balance within a fourteen (14) day period from their oldest Statement Date with an outstanding debt, Sportsbet may suspend the Member’s Account from further betting activity until the outstanding Account Balance is paid in full.
24. If a Member has not settled their Account within a twenty one (21) day period from their oldest Statement Date with an outstanding debt, Sportsbet may institute formal debt recovery proceedings against the Member to recover the outstanding Account Balance.
25. The Member agrees that Sportsbet may recover any costs which Sportsbet incurs in collecting the amount of an outstanding Account Balance which the Member has failed to pay within the Settlement Period.
26. A Member may be unable to place bets if their Account Balance at any time is equal to or exceeds the Credit Facility amount.
27. If Sportsbet in its discretion (or inadvertently), allows a Member to place a bet even though the placement of such a bet may result in the Credit Facility being exceeded, the Member will settle their outstanding Account Balance immediately upon notification by Sportsbet to do so.
28. If, in addition to your Account, you also hold any betting account with a related body corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001) of Sportsbet, including IASbet.com Pty Ltd (‘other account’), you agree that we may set-off any positive balance in your other account against any amount which is due and payable by you in relation to your Account.
29. Arranged Payments
In the event you enter into an agreement with Sportsbet to arrange regular or future dated payments from your bank account or credit card the following terms and conditions will apply.
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement (For Direct Debit Requests)
These terms and conditions constitute your Direct Debit Request Service Agreement with Sportsbet.
- We will keep all information pertaining to your nominated account at your nominated financial institution (‘nominated account’) private and confidential. Information can be provided to us or your financial institution to resolve a dispute on your behalf.
- We will initiate debits to your nominated account in accordance with the instructions we have received from you. We will confirm the frequency, date and amount of the direct debit with you in writing.
- Deductions from your nominated account made under the authority of this Direct Debit Request will appear as payments to your Account.
- It is your responsibility as an account holder to ensure that:
- sufficient cleared funds are available in your nominated account for the direct debit requested;
- the account you nominate permits direct debiting;
- the authorisation given to draw on the nominated account is identical to the account signing instruction held by the financial institution where the account is based;
- you notify us if the nominated account is transferred or closed; and
- you make the required payment by an alternative method if the direct debit arrangements are cancelled either by you or us.
- All disputes or cancellations regarding the direct debit facility should be directed to us or your financial institution.
- As an account holder you can:
- dispute any direct debit at any time by contacting us or your financial institution;
- request us to alter the direct debit arrangements (frequency, date and amount) at any time, by notifying us in writing not less than seven (7) days before the next scheduled debit drawing; and/or
- terminate the deductions from your nominated account by notifying us in writing not less than seven (7) days before the next scheduled debit drawing or by contacting your financial institution.
- A dishonour fee may be charged to your nominated account by your bank if any direct debit payment from your nominated account is dishonoured. You can avoid the dishonour fee by making sure your nominated account has sufficient funds to cover the withdrawal. Sportsbet will not be liable for any such fee or related charge.
- We may vary the terms relating to the direct debit arrangement with you (but not the amount to be debited without your consent) from time to time in accordance with these Credit Terms. We may at our sole discretion terminate or suspend the direct debit of your nominated account either permanently or for a specified period of time. We will give you at least seven (7) days’ written notice should we do this.
30. If for any reason a Member’s Account or Credit Facility is terminated, under these Credit Terms (and the Rules) the Member must, among other things, pay Sportsbet all outstanding monies owed to Sportsbet at the time the Member’s Account or Credit Facility is terminated.
31. Part or all of any provision of these Credit Terms that is illegal or unenforceable may be severed from these Credit Terms and the remaining provisions (or parts of provisions) of these Credit Terms continue in force.
32. Waiver by Sportsbet of any provision or condition of these Credit Terms shall not be construed to be a waiver of any other provision or condition, nor shall such waiver be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same provision or condition. The failure of Sportsbet to enforce any of the provisions of these Credit Terms shall not be construed to be a waiver of a right of such party to enforce any such provision.
33. These Credit Terms are governed by the laws of the NT and each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the NT, and both Sportsbet and the Member waive any right to object to any proceeding being brought in those Courts.