- Sportsbet Cash card FAQ
Whether you’ve forgotten or would like to change your Sportsbet Cash card PIN, it’s easy to change your PIN*. Simply follow the instructions below.
What is the Sportsbet Cash card?
The Sportsbet Cash card allows you to access your winnings instantly as. It can be used to purchase items online, in store and everywhere Mastercard is accepted.
Before use, the card requires activation. Winnings must be transferred from your Sportsbet account to the card. The card is not a credit or debit card and does not earn interest.
Card fees and load limits apply (refer to PDS for more details). Card only available to eligible Sportsbet customers with a wagering account.
How do I qualify for a Sportsbet Cash card?
- Your ID must be verified
- You must be an Australian Resident
- Your address details must be correct and up to date
How long does it take to receive my Sportsbet Cash card?
Your card will be posted via Australia Post within 5-10 business days. If you haven't received your card within 15 business days please contact our Customer Service team on 1800 188 238
How do I activate the card?
Your card will be inactive when you get it in the mail. To activate your card, log in to the Sportsbet website or app and follow these three easy steps:
- Log in to the website or app
- Visit the My Account section
- Select Sportsbet Cash
- Enter your 9 digit card activation code from your PIN mailer.
Your card is now active and ready to use!
Heads up - You will need to use your card PIN via an ATM or Point of Sale before Tap and Go is activated.
I lost my activation code, how do I activate my card?
You'll need to contact our Customer Service Team on 1800 990 907. Quote the numbers and letters on the back of your Cash Card.
How does my card work?
After your card is activated you can load it with winnings from your account which you can use to withdraw cash or make purchases. The card can be used online, in store and everywhere Mastercard is accepted™.
How do I transfer winnings to my card?
To transfer funds to your card, log in to Sportsbet, click on the 'My Account' section, navigate to the 'Sportsbet Cash' section and then click on 'Withdraw winnings to Card.'
How long does it take to transfer funds between my Sportsbet Account and my Sportsbet Cash card?
Winnings from your Sportsbet Account are instantly transferred to your card. Your card balance should be updated immediately.
Can I get cash out at ATMs?
Yes, select 'Credit' and enter your 4 digit PIN to get cash out at ATMs.
Note that regular ATM, and cash out fees do apply, Mastercard purchases are free (refer to PDS for more details).
Can I use it like any other Mastercard debit card?
Yes, so long as you click the 'Credit' account and enter your 4 digit PIN, you can make purchases like you would with any Mastercard.
You can use it for online transactions, over the phone and Tap & Go™ at participating retail outlets.
Are there any fees for using the card?
Please refer to Sportsbet Cash card Fees and Charges and the PDS available from our website. Please note, ATM fees may change as they are dependent on what the specific ATM charges.
Which button do I select when making a purchase?
Please select the 'Credit' button then enter your 4-digit pin, or Tap & Go ™ at participating retail outlets
Can I change my PIN?
You can change your PIN, before you start, make sure you:
- Are in possession of your Sportsbet Cash card (Mastercard only)
- Have access to the email address that was registered to your Sportsbet account
- Enter your security code supplied to you via email within 15 minutes of receiving it.
- Go to https://pin.emerchants.com.au
- Enter the Card Number, the Card Holders Last Name & Date of Birth and click ‘Continue’.
- A temporary security code will be sent to your email address that was registered to your Sportsbet account.
- Enter the temporary security code and click ‘Continue’
- Enter & Re-Enter your new PIN and click ‘Change PIN’
To protect yourself from card fraud, make sure you don’t enter a ‘weak PIN’ combination. A ‘weak PIN’ combination is where:
- The same digit is used for the whole PIN e.g. 0000, 1111, etc or;
- All consecutive digits in the PIN are in ascending/descending order e.g. 1234, 7654, etc.
- A message will appear to prompt you that you have successfully changed your PIN.
What if my card is lost or stolen?
Please call Sportsbet Customer Service on 1800 188 238 immediately to suspend it. If your card is unrecoverable please transfer all funds back to your Sportsbet wagering account before contacting Customer Service to cancel the card completely. When the cancellation is confirmed a new replacement card can then be ordered.
Can I make online purchases?
Is there a limit on the card?
Please refer to the Sportsbet Cash card Transaction Limits for limits associated with your card and the PDS available from our website.
Can I add my own money to the card?
No only your winnings from your Sportsbet account can be added to your card.
How is my card different from a credit or debit card?
You don't need a bank account like you would do for a credit or debit card. You can load your winnings instantly onto the card ready for purchases. You can only spend the amount which is loaded onto the card.
Are there any restrictions on the card?
The card may not be used for, and authorisation may be declined for, any illegal transactions. Some merchants may choose not to accept Mastercard Prepaid Cards. For further information please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
- There are limits to how much cash can be transferred to the card
- Only one card is allowed per Sportsbet account
- Sportsbet Cash cards are only available to Australian residents and AUD currency accounts
- The card is available for use in Australia and overseas
- Only winnings are available for transfer to the card. The Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism legislation (AML/CTF) dictate that cash must be 'turned over' before it becomes available for withdrawal on the card
The ATM took my card, what do I do?
Please contact the company associated with the ATM to see if your card can be retrieved and notify Sportsbet Customer Service on 1800 188 238 if you can't retrieve it.
If I make a purchase and am entitled to a refund for some reason, can the refund be made to the card?
Yes - Subject to the merchants refund policy the refund can be put back on the card.
If the card is expired or revoked before you have spent any value loaded to the card resulting from a refund then you will have no access to those funds unless a replacement card has been issued to you.
Is the balance of the card updated automatically?
Each time you make a purchase or withdrawal on your card, the amount is automatically deducted from your card balance at the time the transaction is approved. If the transaction is declined the funds are not deducted from your card balance. Fees and charges may apply, refer to the PDS.
How do I check the balance and transaction history?
To check the balance of your card or to view your recent transactions (last 14 days)
- Login into Sportsbet
- Go to your My Account
- Click on the Sportsbet Cash tab
- Click the View More Transactions link
- A new site will open. Log in using your card numberand pin number
There is no charge to check your balance online.
Does the card have an expiry date?
The expiry date is shown on the front of the card. The card is valid for 3 years from the time it is ordered. The card cannot be used after the expiry.
What happens if my purchase is not approved?
There are a couple of things which may be causing your transaction to decline.
- There could be insufficient funds to cover the purchase amount; you will need to check the balance on your card
- Check you are selecting 'Credit' as your payment method
- The payment network may be offline
If your card is still not working after trying the above please contact Sportsbet Customer Service on 1800 188 238.
Who do I contact if I have a complaint or query about the card?
You can contact Sportsbet from anywhere in Australia during the hours set out in the Sportsbet Help and Contact page
You should follow the complaints procedure outlined within the PDS.
However, please note that as of 1 November 2018, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) has replaced the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) as the external dispute resolution scheme to handle complaints.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within 45 days, you may be eligible to escalate the complaint with the AFCA. AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. AFCA may be contacted at the following:
Telephone: 1800 931 678 (free call within Australia) 9:00am – 5.00pm AEST weekdays
Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited
GPO Box 3
Melbourne, VIC 3001
Fax: (03) 9613 6399
Interpreter service: 131 450
I've noticed an unauthorised transaction I wish to dispute, what do I do?
Notify Sportsbet immediately and complete a disputed transaction form. You will need to provide as much detail as possible about the transaction and include any receipts you may have.
|Sportsbet Cash Support Line 1800 188 238|