- Sportsbet Punters Club Terms & Conditions
Sportsbet Punters Club Terms & Conditions
1. These rules (Punters Club Rules) are incorporated into and form part of the Rules including the Terms of Website Use http://www.sportsbet.com.au/content/articles/terms-of-website-use.
2. You must open an Account to access a Club. You can only have one Account but you can participate in more than one Club.
3. Capitalised terms used in the Punters Club Rules are as defined in the Rules above unless otherwise defined in paragraph 55.
Cash Out feature not available
4. Cash Out is currently not available for use in the Club. The Nominated Member(s) will not be able to Cash Out any bet despite the Cash Out icon being displayed on the original market.
5. To create a Club, a Member must complete the application form available on the Website. Any application to create a Club by a Member must be approved by Sportsbet. Sportsbet may refuse to accept an application to create a Club or close an existing Club on any grounds at the sole discretion of Sportsbet, without any need to disclose a reason.
6. To operate a Club must have at least 2 Club Members (including the Administrator) who have transferred the Contribution Amount. The Administrator is required to 'activate' the Club.
7. There are two different types of members in any Club, being: the Administrator; and the Ordinary Members.
8. The type of Club must be chosen at the time the Club is created (see Rule 19.a). The type of Club cannot be changed once the Club has been created.
9. Only AUD Member Accounts will be able to create or join a Club.
10. Each Club must have only one Administrator. The Administrator is responsible for: (a) the administration of the Club; (b) being the point of contact in relation to the Club; and (c) inviting candidates, or potential candidates, to apply for membership of the relevant Club as an Ordinary Member.
11. If the Administrator wants to exit the Club then the Club can be closed or the Administrator can nominate an Ordinary Member to become the Administrator. Closure of the Club is not reversible.
12. In addition to the rights afforded to Ordinary Members, as set out at Rule 16, Administrators each have the following rights in relation to their respective Clubs: (a) to set the Club Rules to govern the operations of the Club; (b) to change the Bet Amount and number of Nominated Members per Betting Round after the Club has been created; (c) to propose changes to increase the Contribution Amount and the frequency of the Contribution Amount (Proposed Change); (d) skip a Club Member’s turn as Nominated Member prior to a bet being placed in that Betting Round; and (e) close the Club in accordance with these Punters Club Rules.
13. Any change to the Bet Amount or Nominated Members (as relevant) under Rule 12 will take effect in the next Betting Round.
14. Any Proposed Change will take effect in the Betting Round after the Proposed Change is activated by the Administrator and accepted by the Ordinary Member. A Proposed Change to the Club Rules can be activated by the Administrator once it is accepted by one Ordinary Member. If an Ordinary Member has not accepted the change, that Ordinary Member will become Inactive until that Ordinary Member accepts the Proposed Change.
15. A new Ordinary Member must be invited by the Administrator or another Ordinary Member of the Club to join the Club. Sportsbet may refuse to accept an application for Club Membership on any grounds at the sole discretion of Sportsbet, without any need to disclose a reason. New Ordinary Members do not need to otherwise be approved by the Administrator or any other Ordinary Member.
16. To be eligible as an Ordinary Member of a Club, any Member, must: (a) be invited by an Ordinary Member or Administrator of the Club; (b) agree to be bound by the Club Rules; and (c) complete the application process sent from the Administrator or Ordinary Member.
17. Ordinary Members each have the following rights in relation to their respective Clubs: (a) access to the Club page to view the information relevant to that Club Member's Club, including the Club Rules, Contribution Amounts and Winnings; (b) invite Members to become Club Members; (c) participate in the punting process as the Nominated Member; (d) participate in online banter between Club Members on the Club page; (e) if available under the Club Rules, withdraw any Relevant Share of Winnings into their Account; (f) confirm their acceptance to a Proposed Change and (g) to request their Exit Payment and leave the Club.
18. To invite new participants to a Club, the Administrator or Ordinary Member, will need to know that persons email address or mobile phone number. Potential Ordinary Members will then receive an 'invite' to the Club via the relevant contact channel. The Club Member can also provide the 'Join Code' to potential Ordinary Members.
19. Club Rules must be set by the Administrator at the time of the Club creation. The Administrator can change the Bet Amount and the number of Nominated Members per Betting Round after Club creation. The Administrator can make a Proposed Change in accordance with Rule 14.
20. Club Members are bound by the Club Rules which govern participation in a Club.
21. The Club Rules include but are not limited to:
a. the type of Club, being:
i. a Once Off Club where Club Members make a single once off Contribution Amount at the time of entry into the Club and take turns being the Nominated Member(s) until all Contribution Amount is exhausted. The Betting Round for a Once Off Club can be created to rotate weekly, daily or as soon as the Bet Amount has all been bet by the Nominated Member(s). No further Contribution Amounts can be made to the Once Off Club after the initial Contribution Amount and once the Contribution Amount has been bet the Club will no longer be operational and should be closed by the Administrator. If Club Members want to make further contributions then a new Club must be created;
ii. a Weekly Contribution Club where Club Members make weekly Contribution Amounts and the Betting Round is 7 days. This Club will continue until closed; or
iii. a Weekly Contribution/Daily Betting Club where Club Members make weekly Contribution Amounts and the Betting Round is one day. This Club will continue until closed;
b. the Contribution Amount applicable to the Club, and (if applicable) the frequency of those payments;
c. the Betting Round (for example instantly on using all of the Bet Amount, daily or weekly) over which bets will be placed by the Nominated Member(s);
d. whether the Club will use the Winnings as part of the Pool or the Winnings will be collected separately from the Pool;
e. the amount of the Contribution Amount available as Bet Amount for each Betting Round; and
f. the mechanism by which the Nominated Member(s) will be chosen for each Betting Round. Subject to Rule 21.g, each of the Club Members will take their turn at being the Nominated Member(s), with the default order being the order in which the Club Members joined the Club.
g. the number of Nominated Members; and
h. whether a Nominated Member(s) can remain as the Nominated Member(s) for the next Betting Period if that Nominated Member has a 'Hot Streak' achieving a set ROI (being an ROI of 100%, 200%, or 300%.) Any winnings from Bonus Bets are not included in the weekly ROI calculation for the purpose of the 'Hot Streak.'
22. Sportsbet will automatically transfer the Contribution Amount from your Account for each Club Member, to the Club at the start of each Betting Round.
23. Subject to Rules 25 and 26, if Sportsbet is not able to transfer the Contribution Amount to the Club for any reason, usually because there is insufficient funds in the Account, this will mean the Club Member becomes Inactive for that Betting Round. Sportsbet will not be held liable for any loss suffered by a Club Member becoming Inactive.
24. If Sportsbet cannot transfer the Contribution Amount under Rule 24 and the relevant Club Member has a Relevant Share of Winnings in the Pool, Sportsbet will automatically reduce that Relevant Share of the Winnings to cover the Contribution Amount and the Club Member will remain active for that Betting Round..
25. If Sportsbet cannot transfer the Contribution Amount under Rules 23 and 25 and the relevant Club Member wants to participate in that Betting Round, the Club Member can manually transfer the Contribution Amount from their Account into the Club prior to a bet being placed in that Betting Round. If this occurs the Club Member will remain active for that Betting Round.
26. Inactive Club Members will not be eligible to be the Nominated Member or receive a Relevant Share in any Winnings or Pool for any Betting Round that they are Inactive.
27. Contribution Amounts must be turned over at least once or 'bet through' prior to Sportsbet authorising a withdrawal of those funds from the Members Account in the event that the Contribution Amounts are included in the Exit Payment.
Betting Round and the Nominated Member
28. The length of the Betting Round will be determined by the Club Rules.
29. The number of Nominated Member(s) for each Betting Round is set by the Administrator.
30. The Nominated Member(s) will be automatically selected according to the process set out in the Club Rules.
31. The Nominated Member(s) will receive access to the Bet Amount at the start of the Betting Round. The Nominated Member(s) will also receive notification that it is their turn to bet via the Club page, email or text message.
32. The Nominated Member(s) will be able to place their bet(s), as well as use any Bonus Bets, on any available markets via the Website during the Betting Round.
33. At the end of a Betting Round a new Nominated Member(s) will be allocated even if the current Nominated Member(s) has failed to place bets or used the entire Bet Amount during the Betting Round.
34. Any unused portion of the Bet Amount at the end of the Betting Round will remain in the Pool (and could be used in any future Betting Rounds). Pool funds will only be distributed as part of an Exit Payment.
35. Any winnings from the bets placed by the Nominated Member(s) during a Betting Round will be added to the Winnings.
36. If a Nominated Member(s) has a ‘Hot Streak’ in accordance with Rule 21.g that Nominated Member will remain a Nominated Member for the next Betting Round.
37. A Club can only use the ‘Hot Streak’ functionality if the Betting Round is set as ‘daily’ or ‘weekly’.
38. A Nominated Member can skip their turn prior to placing their first bet in a Betting Round. If a turn is skipped the Club Member will go to the end of the rotation for Nominated Members.
39. If there are multiple Nominated Members in a Betting Round, each Nominated Member will receive the same Bet Amount. If there is not enough in the Pool to meet all the required Bet Amounts, the Bet Amount will be reduced to ensure each Nominated Member in the Betting Round has the same reduced Bet Amount.
40. Despite the Rules listed above, the Administrator can skip the Nominated Member(s) turn prior to that Nominated Member placing a bet in a Betting Round. If a turn is skipped the Club Member will go to the end of the rotation for Nominated Members.
Withdrawal of money from the Club
41. If the Club Rules allocate the Winnings to Club Members instead of allocating them to the Pool, a Club Members can see their Relevant Share of the Winnings via the settings in the Club page.
42. If Rule 39 applies, Club Members can withdraw all or a portion of their Relevant Share of the Winnings at any time. Any Winnings that a Club Member elects to withdraw from the Club will be transferred to the Members Account and the Member may then elect to withdraw those funds at any time.
43. Club Members cannot withdraw from the Pool unless that Club Member exits the Club or the Club is closed. Any Relevant Share of Winnings would also be transferred from the Pool.
Exiting the Club
44. A Club Member may exit a Club at any time (except when they are the Nominated Member) through the Website. An exiting Club Member is liable to the Club for any Contribution Amounts already made.
45. Once a Member exits a Club, that Member cannot return to that Club.
46. If a Club Member decides to exit a Club, that Club Member will receive the Exit Payment into their Account.
47. On a Club Member's exit, Sportsbet will:
a. calculate the amount of the Club Member's current Exit Payment and transfer that amount to the Member's Account; and
b. the Club Member's access to the Club will be cancelled.
48. For any bets which were placed prior to the Club Member's exit but are yet to be finalised, when the bet is finalised, if it makes a collection, after the Club Member's exit, the Relevant Share of the Winnings will be transferred into the exiting Club Members Account.
Suspended or Disqualified Club Members
49. If, for any reason, Sportsbet determine that a Club Member should be suspended or disqualified from the Club, and the relevant Club Member is not able to satisfy Sportsbet that the Club Member should not be suspended or disqualified, then Sportsbet may in its absolute discretion decide to suspend or disqualify that Club Member. The Club Member will be notified in writing of any decision to suspend or disqualification the Club Member (without any requirement to provide any explanation). The suspension or disqualification will take effect immediately. In the event of a Club Member being disqualified, the Member will receive the Exit Payment which the Club Member would have been entitled had that Club Member exited, except where the disqualification results from fraud or suspected fraud by the Member (and then only to the extent that the fraudulent conduct justifies withholding any or all of the Exit Payment as determined).
50. Suspended or disqualified Club Members will not be eligible to be the Nominated Member or receive a Relevant Share in the Winnings or Pool for any Betting Round that they are suspended or disqualified.
51. Sportsbet or, an Administrator, may close a Club at any time.
52. When a Club is closed: (a) all Club Members will be deemed to have exited from the Club (and receive any Exit Payment due); (b) where relevant, the Winnings for the Club will be distributed according to each Club Member's Relevant Share as an Exit Payment; and (c) access to the Club will be cancelled.
53. A Club should be closed if there are no Contribution Amounts remaining in the Pool.
54. Sportsbet will use its best endeavours at all times to avoid the miscalculation of amounts or the incorrect transfer, withdrawal or deposit of funds; in the event any error occurs, you must immediately notify us of the error and we will use best endeavours to rectify the error in a timely manner.
55. If a Club Member has been paid Winnings or an Exit Payment in error, the Club Member agrees that Sportsbet will issue the Club Member with an invoice in respect of the Winnings or Exit Payment paid in error, and that the invoice will be evidence that the amount is due and payable.
56. Nominated Members are unable to change or cancel a bet once the bet has been accepted by Sportsbet unless the Nominated Member can demonstrate to Sportsbet's satisfaction that the bet was made in error; in which case Sportsbet may, at its discretion, void the bet and replace it with a new bet. This also includes bets which should have been made using the Club Pool instead of the Member's Account and vice versa.
57. Any terms defined in the Rules will apply in these Punters Club Rules along with the terms defined below:
Administrator means the administrator of the Club, being a Club Member who initiates the Club;
Bet Amount means the maximum amount of money made available from the Pool during each Betting Round for the Nominated Member(s) to place the bet(s) as determined by the Administrator in accordance with the Club Rules;
Betting Round means the time available for the Nominated Member(s) to place their bet(s) for the Club; the length of the Betting Round is determined by the Administrator in accordance with the Club Rules;
Contribution Amount means funds debited from a Club Member's Account in accordance with the Club Rules and transferred into the Pool for the purpose of betting. The Contribution Amount is determined by the Administrator in accordance with the Club Rules;
Club means the Club Members' club created by the Administrator;
Club Member means any person who becomes a member of a Club, including Ordinary Members and Administrators;
Club Rules means the rules of participation for Club Members in the Club as determined by the Administrator and available on the Club page;
Exit Payment means the amount paid to a Club Member when the Club is closed or the Club Member leaves the Club calculated by Sportsbet as the total of the Relevant Share of the Winnings plus the Relevant Share of the Pool;
Inactive means a Club Member who has not transferred the Contribution Amount and is not eligible to participate as the Nominated Member or to receive a Relevant Share for the Betting Round;
Nominated Member means the Club Member(s) nominated to place the bet(s) on behalf of the Club for the Betting Round in accordance with the Club Rules;
Ordinary Member means a Club Member who is not an Administrator;
Pool means the sum of Contribution Amounts made by the Club Members for betting by the Nominated Member(s) for the Club in accordance with the Club Rules and for those Clubs which are adding any Winnings to the Pool includes any Winnings;
Relevant Share means the share of Winnings and/or Pool (as appropriate) allocated to each Club Member while a member of the Club. The Relevant Share of the Pool is calculated based on the individual Member's Contribution Amount into the Pool as a percentage against the total Pool amount in each Betting Round. The Relevant Share of Winnings is based on Winnings divided by total number of active Club Members at time of bet placement;
Suspended means a Club Member who is temporarily suspended from participating in the Club;
Winnings means the sum of money in the Club as a result of successful bets from a Betting Round which, if being used as part of the Bet Amount, have not yet been used.