- What are Sportsbet's different Bet types?
Sportsbet.com.au specialises in AFL and NRL, and offers the most competitive odds on all Australian and major international sporting events as well as political and entertainment events such as reality television and beauty pageants.
Sportsbet.com.au accepts single wagers on all markets that are open. For example, single bets include betting on a team to win the NRL Premiership or on a player to score the first goal in an AFL match. A common single bet is a Head to Head wager in an AFL match.
What is line betting? It's when a match is handicapped by the bookmaker. If one side is considered to be 5.5 points better than the opposing team, you can wager that this team will win by more than 5.5 points. You can also back the opponent to lose by no more than 5.5 points or win the match.
For example, if a team is listed as -5.5 points, then your Bet will win if your team wins by 6 points or more. If a team is listed as +5.5 points, then your Bet will win if your team loses by 5 points or less or wins the game.
Handicap Draw or Alternative Handicap
The handicap is applied to the final result of the match and the team with the most goals after the handicap has been applied will be the winner. Handicap draw is also an option in the alternative handicap markets meaning if the game is a draw after the handicap is applied, then this is the winning selection. This example shows how each Bet is considered a winner.
- Melbourne Victory (-1.0) Melbourne Victory need to win by 2 goals or more
- Handicap Draw (-1.0) Melbourne Victory wins by exactly 1 goal
- Central Coast Mariners (+1.0) The game ends in a draw or Central Coast Mariners win the match.
Margin Betting is where you pick the winning margin on an event between two teams. Margin Betting is available on AFL, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Basketball. The margins are set by sportsbet.com.au and are usually as follows:
- AFL: 1-39, 40+ and Draw
- Rugby League and Union: 1-12, 13+ and Draw
- Basketball: 1-10, 11+
When a Draw option is offered for Margin betting, it will exclude any extra time that might be played.
A MultiBet combines a selection of single bets together, in effect multiplying your bet. MultiBets are also known as a Multiple Bet, All Up or Parlay. Sportsbet.com.au accepts MultiBets from 2 to 13 legs. We now accept combination Sport and Racing MultiBets online and over the phone. Increase your odds by combining your sport and racing wagers up to 13 legs. You must have at least one sporting event in the MultiBet to 13 legs.
Increase your odds by multibetting your wagers. You can take an AFL team to win a match into an NRL team to win the Premiership into a golfer to win a tournament.
For example: If you choose:
- your favourite AFL team at $3.30 to win a match in a particular round
- and, your favourite NRL team to win the Premiership at $5.00
- and, a golfer to win a tournament at $7.00, and place a wager of $20
you have increased the odds to $115.50 (3.30x5.00x7.00) to win $2310 ($20x$115.50). You just multiply the odds and that's what we pay, no reduced dividends.
Sportsbet.com.au offers a wide range of exotic betting options.
- First Scoring Play
- First Player to Kick a Goal
- First Team to Score
- Player to Kick Most Goals for the Match
- Player to Kick Most Goals of the Round
- Player to Get Most Disposals in Game (Listed Players Only)
- Player to Get Most Disposals of the Round (Listed Players Only)
- Winning Margin
- Man of the Match (Big Games e.g., Norm Smith Medal, Anzac Day Medal)
- Pick 4 - pick the winner of 4 selected matches
- Head to Head - Player Goals, Most Disposal
- First and Last Tryscorer
- First Scoring Play
- Man of the Match (Big Games)
- Exact Score (Big Games)
- Exact Winning Margin (Big Games)
- First Team to Score
- Half Time Result
- Number of Tries
- Total Match Points
- Head to Head - Try Scorers
- Most Sixes
- Winner of the Toss
- Team High Bat - Match and Series
- Highest Opening Partnership
- Individual Match Ups
- In the Run - Winner and Next Man Out (phone betting only)
- Run Spreads
- Runs 1st Over
- Overs to 100
- Man of the Match
- Most Wickets Match and Series
- Method of Dismissal
- Correct Series Score
Scorecast is available for Rugby Union, Rugby League, Australian Rules, and Soccer matches.
For Rugby Union, Rugby League, and Australian Rules, Scorecast combines The first try/goal scorer with a margin market.
For Soccer, Scorecast combines first goal scorer with final score. Simply select who you think will get the first goal, then the final score of the match from the drop down boxes. Your odds will be given, and once you have entered your stake, the potential returns will be shown.