IASbet only collects personal information ("Personal Information") from you:
- if you wish to subscribe to sportsbet.com.au's weekly newsletter
- to process your application to become a member of IASbet ("Member")
- to provide services to you as a Member
- to identify you as a Member for security purposes
- to maintain your Member betting account
- to upgrade and enhance your experience within the website or over the telephone, or to tailor information, services or products to suit your needs
- to create aggregate data about Members through demographic profiling, statistical analysis of the database to provide to potential and existing stakeholders, and to allow for more efficient operation of IASbet’s business; and
- to determine Members' liability to pay goods and services tax and other taxes where applicable
If you do not provide IASbet with your Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with our services.
When registering as a Member, you may choose to receive promotional or marketing information from Sportsbet by selecting the appropriate option on the registration page. From time to time we may use your Personal Information to inform you about IASbet’s services or about promotional activities which IASbet believes may be of interest or of benefit to you.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional material from Sportsbet, you may contact us at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that no further material be sent to you. IASbet will as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request remove your contact details from Sportsbet’s marketing database.
Management of your Personal Information
IASbet will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information which it collects, uses or discloses is accurately recorded and is stored in a secure environment which is accessed only by authorised persons.
If it is practicable to do so, and safe to the extent reasonably required to ensure compliance with any law, IASbet will destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information when it is no longer required.
Use and Disclosure
Personal Information collected by IASbet may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in order to provide you with services that have been requested by you or to meet some other purpose for which your Personal Information was collected (which will involve providing your Personal Information to Sportsbet Pty Ltd);
- where, at the time of collection, IASbet has informed you of the third parties or classes of third parties to whom your Personal Information will be disclosed;
- in order to enable IASbet to participate in activities with business partners and sponsors, who will be notified to you at the time your Personal Information is collected;
- where the disclosure is required or authorised by law or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act including where IASbet has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- to protect and maintain the integrity of particular sports upon the request of Australian governing sporting bodies to assist in legitimate inquiries; or
- where you have consented to its disclosure.
IASbet will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information which IASbet discloses to a third party is protected by that party in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We may use third-parties to serve ads on the website. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
Security of Personal Information
You acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is totally secure. Accordingly, IASbet does not warrant the security of any information which you transmit to it. Any information which you transmit to IASbet is transmitted at your own risk. However, once IASbet receives your transmission, IASbet will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure including password protected systems and databases and Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") technology.
IASbet’s employees, agents and contractors are required to maintain the confidentiality of Members' Personal Information and trading behaviour.
Information posted on bulletin boards or communicated within a social media environment (for example, Facebook, Twitter, Chat Rooms) becomes public information. IASbet cannot guarantee the security of this type of disclosed information.
We take seriously the responsibility to exclude children from access to our services. We will not accept their information for the purposes of opening a wagering account. It is however, ultimately the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s Internet activities including where appropriate by using Internet screening software.
Access to Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information collected by IASbet by following the “My Account” link on the website.
Correction and Continuous Updating of your Personal Information
IASbet takes reasonable measures to ensure that Personal Information which it collects is accurate, complete and current and will make contact with you on a periodic basis to seek the most up to date information from you.
If you believe that the Personal Information IASbet holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not current, please let IASbet know and we will correct it.
Personal Information can be updated or corrected by you in the "Account Details" section of the website at any time after you log in. Subject to identity verification, Personal Information can also be updated or corrected by calling our Customer Service hotline on 1800 990 907.
Details of your betting transactions can be also found in the "Bet History" section of the Member Services section of the website.
Transborder Data Flows
IASbet may transfer Personal Information to someone who is in a foreign country where:
- IASbet reasonably believes that the recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principals for fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles; or
- you consent to the transfer; or
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and IASbet, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you; or
- the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between IASbet and a third party; or
- all of the following apply:
(i) the transfer is for your benefit
(ii) it is impracticable to obtain your consent to that transfer; or
(iii) if it were practicable to obtain such consent, you would be likely to give it.
By using this website you agree to the collection and processing of your Personal Information in this way.
What else you should know
Remember to always log out of your account when you have completed your time on the website. This is particularly important if you share a computer with another person.
You are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer, mobile device or any other handset used to access the website.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, password and any account information. Please be careful whenever using the Internet and the website.
From time to time we may contact you in relation to the management and administration of your IASbet account. These communications can be via any of the modes of contact recorded when registering as a Member. Such communication does not affect your opt-in or opt-out status for marketing communications.
If you have any queries or complaints relating to the handling of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer, whose contact details are as follows:
Sportsbet Pty Limited
PO Box 3207
Darwin NT 0801
Tel: +61 8 8982 6334
Fax: +61 8 8941 2411
Further Information about privacy issues in Australia, you can visit the website located at www.privacy.gov.au.
(ACN 070 479 720) ("IASbet"). IASbet is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).