A Protest occurs when a Trainer or Jockey challenges the outcome of the race, most commonly due to interference. If your Winnings have been paid when a protest occurs, there may be a small period where we need to re-result your Bet. If your Horse comes first, but then is decided a loser due to the protest, you may be eligible for a Protest Payout.
If your Horse comes first, but gets relegated because of an upheld protest, we’ll still pay you out as a winner for all Australian races (including Harness races)..
- Single Bets only
- Win Only and Win portion of Each Way Bets.
- Does not apply to Extras Markets Bets (e.g. Insure 1)
- Only applies to races where the horse that is first past the post is relegated. Where a horse finishes in 2nd or 3rd and falls out of a placing as a result of the protest, there will not be a Protest Payout.
- Does not include Bets placed via telephone
- Does not include Bets at international tracks
- Does not include Bets on Greyhounds